Monday 5 September 2011

Jane Eyre


Author: Charlotte Bronte

What is it about: Jane Eyre is a retold classic about a poor orphan, Jane Eyre’s life. She was not brought up very nicely, and is therefore sent to a school. She is also treated very badly at the school. Determined to change her luck, she becomes a governess, and settles happily into a new life. However there are things that she does not know things that she needed to find out.  Jane Eyre is sort of a buildingsroman, as it is the story of Jane growing up.

Would I recommend it? Yes. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes life stories. It is not very adventurous or exciting, it’s not really a page-turner, but I think some people would find it interesting. In some parts it is a little boring as not a lot happens, but some parts are quite interesting. Therefore I don’t recommend it to people who prefer adventurous, exciting books. Although even I didn’t think that it would be that good, but I’m actually really enjoying it!

Rating out of 5: 4 star

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlaz6ednUo0t

No comments:

Post a Comment